International Center New Electronic Visa Check-In
Welcome to UCI! As a new F-1/J-1 international student, you must complete the International Center Visa Check-in Process - iNavigateUCI. iNavigateUCI is the International Center’s new electronic visa check-in process. This process is required for all new international students and used to report your arrival to the Department of Homeland Security and to "activate" your SEVIS record.
If you have completed the previous visa check-in process before 9/25/2014, you DO NOT need to complete iNavigateUCI.
The iNavigateUCI process is completely paperless, after you complete iNavigateUCI you Do Not need to submit any documents for the check-in to the International Center, unless you receive a request from our office.
iNavigateUCI has 4 modules that need to be completed in order (1 - 4).
- Module 1 - F-1/J-1 Visa Overview and Requirements
- Module 2 - International Center Programs & Activities
* Each module includes a presentation and a quiz, you will watch each presentation and must pass the quiz with the score of 80% or greater.
- Module 3 - Visa Check-in form
* You must provide your local address (U.S. address) and your emergency contact information.
- Module 4 - I-94 Document Upload
* Please follow the instructions provided in this module and upload your most recent I-94 document.
You will receive a confirmation email in your UCI Gmail account after completing all 4 modules in iNavigateUCI. Please keep this email for your records and for future reference.