International Center Visa Check-In
Welcome to UCI! As a new international student in F-1/J-1 student visa status, you are required to complete the International Center Visa Check-In Process. This check-in process is a mandatory requirement for all new students, used to report your arrival in the SEVIS system and to “activate” your SEVIS record.
The International Center Visa Check-In Process is listed below, please follow the process carefully.
- Complete the Online Orientation for your visa status
- Complete the Online Visa Check-In Form
** Make sure to print out the completion receipts from the above steps, 1 and 2, which will be sent to your UCI Gmail account. If you haven't activated your UCInetID or UCI Gmail account, please visit the following link: UCInetID / UCI Gmail Activation Instructions
- Visit the CBP website to print out the I-94 Document
- Come to ONE of the International Center Visa Check-In dates below if you start your program in August 2014 and the start date in your I-20 is in August 2014. You may arrive anytime during the hours listed below to submit your forms. The Visa Check-In Dates for Fall 2014 will be announced in early September.
|Thursday, August 28, 2014||2:00pm-4:00pm||International Center, 3rd Floor, UCI Student Center|
|Friday, August 29, 2014||2:00pm-4:00pm||International Center, 3rd Floor, UCI Student Center|
- You will submit the following during this meeting:
- Online Orientation Receipt
- Online Visa Check-In Form Completion Receipt
- Print out of your I-94 Document
During this meeting your documents will be reviewed. In addition, you will have an opportunity to meet with an International Center Advisor for any questions you may have.
We look forward to meeting you at that time. If you have any questions about the check-in process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.