Requesting a Visa Document [I-20/DS-2019]

If you are not a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident, or otherwise hold visa status that allows you to study in the U.S., then you must request that UCI issue you an I-20 Form for an F-1 Visa, or a DS-2019 for a J-1 Visa. Want to know the difference between an F-1 and J-1 student visa? Click Here. See below for clear instructions for undergraduate and graduate students.

Undergraduate Students:

As an admitted student to UC Irvine, you will need to complete a Confidential Financial Statement [CFS]. You will be asked if you will need a F-1/J-1 student visa when completing this form. Log in to MyAdmissionsApplication@UCI for complete requirements.

Graduate Students:

If you have been admitted for graduate studies at UCI, you will need to complete the following form: 2014-2015 New Graduate Student Visa Document Request and submit the original forms to your admitting academic department if you require an F-1/J-1 student visa. Upon completion of this form, and through review by your admitting department, paperwork is submitted to the International Center for review and visa document issuance.

This process takes 3 weeks at the International Center, incomplete information may require longer processing times. Please also keep in mind that processing time with the department, and mailing of the document to you may require more than 3 weeks.


Travel Signature

Tuesday, Thursday 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
International Center


Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday
9 - 11 a.m.
International Center

Coffee Hour

Every Friday 12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Counseling Center, Student Services I


Subscribe to the IC
Bi-Weekly Newsletter!